We're in Selma, Texas, staying at a vrbo, for my niece's wedding today. Back home on Thursday, rain kept coming through every half-hour or so and I didn't get a window for a run. Today I walked a couple of miles in this neighborhood. It was nice and quiet on a Sunday morning, other than the fire truck and ambulance that showed up at a house next to the neighborhood park. The humidity was off the charts with all the rain in the area the past week. I walked a quarter-mile and then ran a quarter, and my body said, Nope. As soon as I stopped running, my calf muscles piped up and told me that was a good choice. I walked 2 miles total and at least got in a little bit of exercise to make up for the two visits to top-notch bbq joints in the area. We stopped in Lockhart and ate at Terry Black's on the way down, and then dipped into San Antonio for lunch today at Reese Bros. The brisket in both places was melt-in-your-mouth good. I didn't overeat and avoided the meat sweats. I don't know what people do who can't get such world-class smoked meat. Gives me something to shoot for with my own smoking.
No comments:
Post a Comment