Monday, August 10, 2026

A Walk in the Sun

I decided I needed to sweat and get some sunlight this afternoon, so I went for a 2-mile walk. As I mentioned previously, we're in the midst of a heat spell, or as we call it in Texas, summer. We hit about 98 degrees today, a few degrees off the predicted mark for the next week-plus. I headed west and enjoyed a nice stroll. School is about to start up around here again, which means I'll need to be aware of the start and stop times for the students in the surrounding neighborhoods. No need to get caught in a bunch of cars and kids walking. We'll see how tomorrow goes. This might be an extended period of walking unless I can get out earlier in the day, like maybe on Saturday. No use trying to run when it's a hundred.

No comments: