Tuesday, September 15, 2026

Reconsideration

Today was warm by ten a.m. with plenty of humidity, as usual. I still went 4 miles in my usual interval configuration, with two one-mile and a final three-quarter mile segments for a total of 2.75 miles of running. Once again, the running is feeling good and since I'm keeping it slow, it's achievable.

After yesterday's post I reconsidered the Garmin purchase. I think my Apple Watch's charge would last long enough to track a marathon and I have time to do some testing before running a theoretical race. No need to panic-buy and spend $150 on something I might not even need. So, I canceled the order. I think my bigger question will be music. My iPod is twenty years old and does the job on short runs. I can even get in three runs or so before it dies, which to be fair, ain't bad for such an old piece of tech. I'm sure it won't last four+ hours, though, and I'll need something else. No, I'm not carrying my iPhone for 26.2 miles. The less weight, the better, which is why I like the old iPod. Again, I have time to figure this out. More to come...

No comments: