Tuesday, October 6, 2026

A True Five

For the past year, ever since I started walking and then running again, my distance has been measured starting at the bottom of my driveway. Which is different from how I used to do it. As mentioned previously, I would normally walk .15 miles (to a corner, not just some random distance) and measure my run from there. Today, that's what I did. I ran 5 miles without the padding. Which means with the warmup and cooldown, the total distance today was 4.3 miles. I also took the new Apple Watch for a spin. Overall, it felt great and once again, the temperature was mild. No complaints and happy to be out and about as the weather cools off. After being sidelined last winter, I'm ready to run. I was thinking about it yesterday and was still amazed - I didn't run for four and a half months. How did I not go crazy?

No comments: