Saturday, October 10, 2026

Most in a Year

Today was the longest I've run in a year. Yeah, I'm saying that more often and probably will continue to do so. I don't care if it's repetitive since it's taken a while to get back to this level. I'm thankful to be able to run again and to run far. I ran 7 miles today and yes, it was slow but steady. I ran through Bonnie Wenk Park, with its Halloween decorations lining the path. Lots of people out today walking, cycling, running, and getting their dogs some exercise. The temperature was mild, only around 70 degrees. I even saw a couple of hot air balloons to the north when I set out, a sure sign that cooler temperatures have arrived. We're still forecast the first part of next week for highs around 90 before a cool front moves through. By my calculations, I ran 25 miles this week. Doubt if I'll reach the same distance next week, but at least now I have a good base.

No comments: