Compared to recent months, this morning the temperature was mild. We're still headed toward 90 degrees today, but this morning at 8:30 it was only 75. I went 4 miles and ran 3.6 of that. Since I've been running/walking again this year, I've walked a quarter-mile to the top of a hill before running, which is different than the way I used to do it. Back in the day, I'd only walk .15 miles as a warmup, but also to give my Garmin time to sync with the GPS satellites. That's what I warmed up with today (sans Garmin) and at the end. Now, I know you're thinking that the math doesn't add up. 4 - .15 - .15 = 3.7, not 3.6. That's because I walked a tenth of a mile up the big hill on Lake Forest. See? The math adds up. I increased the pace the last little bit, which was kind of a nice change. Rain in the forecast the rest of this week, so we'll see when I get a break to go out again.
No comments:
Post a Comment